Hours of Operation
MONDAY: ONLINE SHIFT 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
WEDNESDAY: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
FRIDAY: 6:00 pm – dark
SATURDAY: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
***NOTE: All hours are subject to closure should we not have the Cook power. Please call us in advance at (323) NO-CARRO or (323) 662-2776 to be sure we’re open.
Our mission is to promote the bicycle as a fun, safe, and accessible form of transportation, to foster healthy urban communities, and to provide a welcoming space to learn about building, maintaining, and riding bicycles.
Our Programs & Services
If your bike needs help or you would like to build a bike from our donated frames and parts, visit us during our hours of operation (pro tip: call first to make sure we’re open). We’ll provide the guidance, tools, and parts (supply willing) to help you build, repair, and maintain your bike.
We hold bike repair and maintenance workshops every now and then. We post our upcoming workshops on our website calendar, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Follow us on social media and check back on our website for information about future workshops.
How you can support the Bicycle Kitchen!
Your donations support your community
Donate used bikes and parts to help members of the community have access to clean transportation, help preserve our planet, and help keep our doors open. If you’d like to donate bikes or parts, just drop them off when we’re open. Tax donation receipts available.
For Sale: Bicycle Kitchen Cycling Caps!
Help support La Bicicocina and prevent the sun from blasting into your eyeballs with a sporty B.K. bici sombrero. All proceeds go to the Bicycle Kitchen. These awesome cycling caps are for sale at the Bicycle Kitchen for only $20 (or online +$5 shipping)!
We are operated 100% by volunteers
Drop by and speak to a Cook about becoming a volunteer. Start by shadowing a Cook, sorting parts, patching tubes, or wrenching on donated bikes. Wrenching is not the only way to help! Our volunteers also screen print shirts, design flyers, plan social events, weld + much more!
News & Announcements
- Now open Wednesdays! Come fix your bikes 7pm – 10pm on Wednesdays. September 10, 2020
- Join us on Zoom Monday, June 8, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm for our Bicycle Kitchen Online Shift! June 3, 2020
- You’re invited to Bicycle Virtual Kitchen, happening Friday nights via zoom during the coronavirus closure, where we mostly fix bikes, ask bike questions and generally hang out and be bicycle people. Peter Bammes will be hosting. Win sweet Prizes just for logging on. April 17, 2020
- Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the Bicycle Kitchen will be closed until further notice. Hope you are staying safe and healthy! April 5, 2020
- Due to the rapidly developing coronavirus outbreak, the Bicycle Kitchen will be closed through the end of March. We are taking this precautionary measure based on recommendations from the City of Los Angeles and the CDC on social distancing and group gatherings. March 17, 2020
Join us on Instagram
4429 Fountain Ave, Los Angeles, California 90029