Our mission is to promote the bicycle as a fun, safe, and accessible form of transportation, to foster healthy urban communities, and to provide a welcoming space to learn about building, maintaining, and riding bicycles.
News and Announcements
- Join us on Zoom Monday, June 8, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm for our Bicycle Kitchen Online Shift!
- You’re invited to Bicycle Virtual Kitchen, happening Friday nights via zoom during the coronavirus closure, where we mostly fix bikes, ask bike questions and generally hang out and be bicycle people. Peter Bammes will be hosting. Win sweet Prizes just for logging on.
- Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the Bicycle Kitchen will be closed until further notice. Hope you are staying safe and healthy!
- Due to the rapidly developing coronavirus outbreak, the Bicycle Kitchen will be closed through the end of March. We are taking this precautionary measure based on recommendations from the City of Los Angeles and the CDC on social distancing and group gatherings.
- Saturday Feb 29, 8:30 pm: Join us for the Food Not Bombs fundraiser show! We’ll have live screenprinting, music, food & drinks, raffle – thanks to Road Runner Bags!
Gain skills and confidence, improve your safety, and build a stronger cycling community
If your bike needs help or you would like to build a bike from our donated frames and parts, visit us during our hours of operation (pro tip: call first to make sure we’re open). We’ll provide the guidance, tools, and parts (supply willing) to help you build, repair, and maintain your bike.
We hold bike repair and maintenance workshops every now and then. We post our upcoming workshops on our website calendar, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Follow us on social media and check back on our website for information about future workshops.
Youth Bike Build
Our Youth Build-a-Bike program teaches 12-18 year-olds how to build and maintain bicycles. The six week program covers wheels, derailleurs, bottom brackets, cranks, pedals, and brakes – and participants earn a bicycle and helmet. For information about the next session, please email:
Hours of Operation
WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK.
MONDAY: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
TUESDAY: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
THURSDAY: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
FRIDAY: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
SATURDAY: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
SUNDAY: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
***NOTE: All hours are subject to closure should we not have the Cook power. Please call us in advance at (323) NO-CARRO or (323) 662-2776 to be sure we’re open.
4429 Fountain Ave, Los Angeles, California 90029
Support the Bicycle Kitchen!
Donate Bikes & Parts
Your donations support your community
Donate used bicycles and parts to the Bicycle Kitchen to help members of the community have access to clean transportation, help preserve our planet, and help keep our doors open. One person’s excess stuff is another’s main mode of transportation, so clean out that garage! We can use almost anything but are always looking for steel road bikes and decent wheels. If you would like to donate a bike or bike parts, just bring them by during our hours of operation. Tax donation receipts available.
For Sale: Bicycle Kitchen Cycling Caps!
Help support La Bicicocina and prevent the sun from blasting into your eyeballs with a sporty B.K. bici sombrero. All proceeds go to the Bicycle Kitchen. These awesome cycling caps, designed by J.Patrick Adair (concept by Marisa “MaBell” Bell with assistance from Kelly Martin, and recently updated by the Monday shift) are for sale at the Bicycle Kitchen for only $20 (or online +$5 shipping)!
Hats hecho de U.S.A. (Culver City, in fact.)
We are operated 100% by volunteers
Drop by and speak to a Cook about becoming a volunteer. Start by shadowing a Cook, sorting parts, patching tubes, or wrenching on donated bikes. But wrenching is not the only way to help! We could always use a hand and are always looking for suggestions. If you think you have a special skill that could be beneficial to us please drop us a line. In addition to repairing bikes, our volunteers also screen print t-shirts, design bike event flyers, plan social events, weld, file financial documents + much more!