Hours of Operation
We are operating with extra precautions in place. Please wear a mask, stay 6 ft apart from other people, wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, and stay home if you are feeling unwell or have been potentially exposed to the coronavirus.
WEDNESDAY: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
THURSDAY: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
SATURDAY: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
***NOTE: All hours are subject to closure should we not have the Cook power. Please call us in advance at (323) NO-CARRO / (323) 662-2776 to be sure we’re open.***
Our mission is to promote the bicycle as a fun, safe, and accessible form of transportation, to foster healthy urban communities, and to provide a welcoming space to learn about building, maintaining, and riding bicycles.
Our Programs & Services
If your bike needs help or you would like to build a bike from our donated frames and parts, visit us during our hours of operation (pro tip: call first to make sure we’re open). We’ll provide the guidance, tools, and parts (supply willing) to help you build, repair, and maintain your bike.
We hold bike repair and maintenance workshops every now and then. We post our upcoming workshops on our website calendar, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Follow us on social media and check back on our website for information about future workshops.
How you can support the Bicycle Kitchen!
Your donations support your community
Donate used bikes and parts to help members of the community have access to clean transportation, help preserve our planet, and help keep our doors open. If you’d like to donate bikes or parts, just drop them off when we’re open. Tax donation receipts available.
For Sale: Bicycle Kitchen Cycling Caps! Shirts and caps sold out 🙁
Help support La Bicicocina and prevent the sun from blasting into your eyeballs with a sporty B.K. bici sombrero. All proceeds go to the Bicycle Kitchen. These awesome cycling caps are for sale at the Bicycle Kitchen for only $20 (or online +$5 shipping)!
We are operated 100% by volunteers
Drop by and speak to a Cook about becoming a volunteer. Start by shadowing a Cook, sorting parts, patching tubes, or wrenching on donated bikes. Wrenching is not the only way to help! Our volunteers also screen print shirts, design flyers, plan social events, weld + much more!
Join us on Instagram
News & Announcements
- Newly added shift on Thursdays! 6 pm – 9 pm. Check out our full schedule March 27, 2021
- Winter closure: We’re closed from December 31 – January 15. We plan to reopen January 16 – to be sure to catch us, please call in advance and check that we’re open! January 1, 2021
- Now open Wednesdays! Come fix your bikes 7pm – 10pm on Wednesdays. September 10, 2020
- Join us on Zoom Monday, June 8, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm for our Bicycle Kitchen Online Shift! June 3, 2020
- You’re invited to Bicycle Virtual Kitchen, happening Friday nights via zoom during the coronavirus closure, where we mostly fix bikes, ask bike questions and generally hang out and be bicycle people. Peter Bammes will be hosting. Win sweet Prizes just for logging on. April 17, 2020
4429 Fountain Ave, Los Angeles, California 90029